Chesbank.com to Ches.bank
Our website is getting a new look and a new (more secure) address
Out with the old (.com) and in with the new (.bank) because it’s more secure.
Effective 8/30/23 Chesapeake Bank’s web address changed from chesbank.com to ches.bank Here’s why:
Created and managed by security experts, fTLD Registry Services built the .bank domain for banks to provide a more secure and trustworthy way to do business, in response to the rising trend of fraud and cybercrime.
In order for a bank to use the .bank domain, they must first:
- Meet certain requirements to prove they are an eligible bank.
- Implement additional security measures to comply with .bank standards.
- Re-verify their status, annually.
How .bank Helps You.
- This domain is only for banks. It prevents bad actors from obtaining lookalike domains making it easy for anyone to immediately identify bank emails (coming soon) and websites simply by looking at the web address.
- Banks must meet additional security measurements to use this site, so there’s even more protection for you in place than on a traditional .com site
- The new URL further separates banks from non-banks selling bank-like products.
- This distinguishment builds confidence with Chesapeake Bank, and our products, as a reputable, secure, and trustworthy source of financial guidance, accessing your personal information.
Beyond the URL (address)…Cleaner look and enhanced functionality
Changing the domain of our site, brought the perfect opportunity to deliver a fresh look and better experience for our customers. You’ll find:
- Intuitive Design so it’s easier to find what you’re looking for.
- New Features like an interactive product gallery, simplified forms, and more.
- Mobile and responsive design
Note: Email Address Change TBD
With this change, our email addresses will also change to one ending in @ches.bank However, that change is not yet taking place and our old email addresses will still work when the new one is created.